Subject: Problems with the install utility
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Achim Neumann <achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/06/1994 21:57:09
Hello all!

We have some problems with the install-utility on a SE/30.

We try to install a / and a /usr partition on the first hd (id 0).
These are the steps we did:
	create a / partition
	run mkfs on it
	run install (here it works fine)
	mkdir /usr
	create a /usr partition
	run mkfs on /usr
	run install and then we get the following error:

		Mounting partition 'A' as /
		Mounting partition 'G' as /usr.
		mounting /usr : No such file or directory
		(press <<return>> to exit)

We run macbsd on the second hd (id 1) in one root&usr partition and it runs
fine. After booting we can mount the / and /usr partition on our firt hd.
So why doesn't the install-utility mount the /usr partition?

By the way, has anyone more than two AUX-Partition on one hd running macbsd?
On our system disklabel doesn't recognize more than two AUX-partitions
(4.2BSD  partitions).

Thanks for any help, hints or problems.

--

Achim

Achim Neumann	Technische Fakultaet, Universitaet Bielefeld
Email:		achim@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE