Subject: Problems on SE/30
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Franklin Chen <chen@adi.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/04/1994 21:48:50
I'm having problems trying to use the latest kernel (netbsd.II) and newbooter
on my SE/30, 8 MB RAM, external 120 MB APS Maxtor HD, System 7.1, 24-bit
addressing.  The first problem was messed up dialogs in the booter, which
caused system errors to occur.  Fonts would look funny, buttons missing or
blacked out... I thought I had some strange system extensions, but I disabled
them and still could barely get through the booter.  Actually, this problem
existed with all the old booters I've used as well, just not this bad!

When I finally did boot, I had all sorts of problems (which I won't describe
now, because they're probably a result of an incomplete or out-of-date
installation).  I've lost the virtual screens, and also when I exit and
the login: comes up, I am at a loss.  What login and password gets you in??

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has things working on an SE/30 (oh,
by the way, I don't have any funny cards or anything, and I'm using the
built-in monitor).