Subject: Install utility won't recognize my drive
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Kendig <bskendig@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/03/1994 10:56:46
I format my 45Mb drive (with the "Alliance Power Tools") to put MacBSD on;
I set it for a Root partition of 38Mb, Swap 4Mb, and Mac HFS ~2Mb.  Then I
run the Install Utility 0.2 to put the MacBSD files on it.  This worked
once before, but now the Install Utility gives me errors right after I tell
it that my drive is at SCSI address 2:

	Mounting partition 'A' as /
	read_block2:Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
	failed mountfs(), error 22.
	Error mounting root.
	mount root. : Undefined error: 0

What did I do wrong, or do I just have bad karma?  What is the correct way
to set up a drive with "Alliance Power Tools"?

There are no physical problems with the drive; it formats and partitions
without any errors at all.

--
_/_/_/  Brian Kendig                              Je ne suis fait comme aucun
/_/_/  bskendig@netcom.com                 de ceux que j'ai vus; j'ose croire