Subject: Re: NetBSD on a IIsi?
To: Geoff Peters <geoff@apanix.apana.org.au>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/19/1993 22:07:41
> My set-up is:
> - Mac IIsi (25MHz) with FPU

Still a no go on any new hardware.  Sorry :-(.  Hopefully when this
gets into beta or gamma stage in early Jan....

> I imagine I'd have to dedicate an entire HD to NetBSD, so was hoping I
> could use the 80 Mb chamber for that (need room to grow, don'cha'know!) -
> sound like a good plan?

You don't need to dedicate the entire disk--we coexist with other
partitions.  When the scsi system is improved, you might actually
see some gain in using several disks instead of one.  Right now,
though, that won't make any difference :-(

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****