Subject: Re: MachTen vs. MacBSD
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jim Lynch <jimlynch@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/18/1993 00:43:52
>> Meaning that it actually uses user state. Does this also mean that Mach ==
>> NetBSD?
>
>Huh???  Could we see the work, please?  This reader couldn't follow
>the proof ;-)
>
>-allen
>
>--
>Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
>- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
>      killing -
>allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****

Well, that's what Anita claims: that Mach runs in supervisor state and runs
processes in user state (therefore, it is claimed by Anita that Mach makes
use of user state.)

Compare this with Mac OS which does not make use of user state for anything
(or does it? I dunno...).

This is why I say Mach actually uses (i.e., makes use of) user state.

My question to Anita was really: "How _else_ are you claiming that Mach is
like NetBSD?"

-Jim