Subject: A few notes on Alpha2 directory
To: MacBSD General <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/17/1993 23:08:56
The files in Alpha2 are simply tar files that have been gzipped and
ftp'ed from Unix to Unix.  No MacBinary or anything like that...
To install (for the daring), you might take one of two approaches:

* From the installer, move the old directories and expand from the
  tar files onto your existing disk.  This should work if you have
  extra disk space.

* mkfs and start from scratch.  A bit more drastic ;-)

The files will have to be gunzipped somewhere...  If this is a problem,
I suppose we can upload the compactor versions instead.  I like this
way better, though.  As usual, apologies to those who are limited to
flop-net...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****