Subject: Re: Shutdown, Take 2
To: None <ejohnson@imsa.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/09/1993 22:47:38
> eventually found out that the Shutdown routines were incorrectly documented
> in Inside Macintosh.  It wanted one kind of variable, and the book said that

I doubt this the case, here.  The MacOS is completely gone at the time we
try to shutdown or reboot from BSD.  Thus, any routines, procedures, etc.
that you can call from MacOS are not available.  What Chris dug around to
find was the Mac ROM entry point for shutdown/reboot--several levels down
from the "Shutdown Manager."  The call does work on the II and the SE/30,
for sure.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****