Subject: Re: Problems with se/30 and generic 48
To: Andrew P. Herdman <apollo@io.org>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/08/1993 15:07:44
> After having the machine lock up I rebooted and fixed the
> problems with the disk.  Now the 'w' and 'ps' and 'swapinfo' commands do
> not work.  They just hang.  Control-C exits them.  But they still don't
> work.  I've re-installed the kernal, and the binaries and also the /etc
> directory.  I am still working on the others.  Has anyone else had this
> problem?  Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

Yah... Get a decent /etc/rc to run if you don't have one already.  This
will make sure that the proper daemons get loaded and that the correct
databases are built.  If you kernel is installed as /netbsd, I can't
think of anything else to try, off-hand.

> partition at /dev/sd1g  How did it get their?  Is their a program that

It got there by not having the ROOT bit set in the BZB(?) part of the
partition info.

> will search for BSD partitions on a drive so i don't have to go looking
> for them?

Try disklabel's read-only options...

I'm thinking about revamping the disklabelling a bit...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****