Subject: Re: Question about New Rel.
To: None <ejohnson@imsa.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/07/1993 09:19:38
> I keep seeing references to a new release?  What will it involve?  Is
> this worth holding out for?  I need to convince my school to let me
> keep the IIcx I have set up in a lab and this release may help me do
> that.  I understand that it will be general bug fixes and some new
> stuff?  Also, has anyone had luck getting the net drivers to work with
> Nu-Bus ethernet cards?

If we're lucky, the new release will be just about everything that the
i386 NetBSD is--minus all the ISA drivers ;-).  There is a NuBus ethernet
driver, but it wedges the ADB...  We'll attempt to fix that before a
release, but that's not a promise.  There are a few kinks in the shared
library stuff, too, that I *will* work out before a release.  It's worth
holding out for if you're running with just the original (alpha) release.

We're discussing these matters, now, but I think it's safe to say that
there will be a release before the end of Jan., and possibly one before.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****