Subject: Re: Aw, shucks.
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 12/04/1993 21:59:51
allen.briggs@vt.edu wrote:
>I'm on the tail end of integrating our kernel into the NetBSD-current source
>tree on sun-lamp.  This can be retreived through a sup service, or you can
>grab a tar file, I believe.

I've seen mention of this sup service a couple of times.  Is it something
that is available on sun-lamp?  I'm assuming that it comes with instructions
on how to set it up and use it (as all good little programs should ;).

>The latest kernel that I'm running on kitten is on sun-lamp now as
>netbsd-current.gz.  I don't know how it differs from netbsd.ci or
>netbsd.nofpu.

I can run the netbsd.nofpu on my Mac II when it is set into 32-bit
addressing mode, but netbsd-current dies after the "Kernel booting"
message.  I have fairly current sources (as of yesterday, or day before)
and have started tracing the problem... it seems to be at about line
135 of via.c where it sets up the direction and data for VIA #2.  Is
this something known not to work on the II?

~Steve