Subject: Re: 2 quick questions
To: Keenan Brock <kfb2@lehigh.edu>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/21/1993 17:58:51
> question 1
> what is the better comm program you all are running?

I'm using telnet and rlogin with sl/ip.  It might be worth your while
to look up pcomm.  I used it under A/UX's Console Emulator (when that
was all there was in the old 1.0 days ;) and it was pretty nice (if a
little buggy), but it did provide Zmodem support.

> question 2.
> where the heck do you all put the binaries for the stuff you add

/usr/local/bin.  sun-lamp has a /usr/local/sbin as well which might be
useful, as well.

Allen Briggs         \ My eyes have seen you/Free from disguise
briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | Gazing on a city under/Television skies.
- end                / My eyes have seen you/Let them photograph your soul
      killing -  / Memorize your alleys/On an endless roll. -- The Doors