Subject: Re: macbsd for 040
To: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@CERF.NET>
From: Allen X Briggs <briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/17/1993 23:57:03
> Excuse me if I am missing something overwhelming here, but why does it
> matter how you call it? I looked, and what it looks like to me is just
> a _ShutDown to install copycode, and then a _ShutDown to run it...

That's the booter code.  What Chris and Mike are talking about is the
code in locore.s that handles the reboot and powerdown requests.

> btw, is it possible to get source to the booter at all?

Not anytime real soon.  We're too busy to think about the ramifications
of doing that...  (Why is everyone so interested in the MacOS code?)

Allen Briggs         \ My eyes have seen you/Free from disguise
briggs@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | Gazing on a city under/Television skies.
- end                / My eyes have seen you/Let them photograph your soul
      killing -  / Memorize your alleys/On an endless roll. -- The Doors