Subject: Re: bacbsd for 040
To: MacBSD General <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Seppo Kallio <kallio@jyu.fi>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 11/16/1993 09:32:06
>> Hello.  I was wondering if there is any plans yet to support '040 machines
>> with MacBSD.
>Unfortunately, Apple
>used different hardware in addition to the '040, like a new SCSI chip,
>so a number of drivers will have to be updated, too.

This question may show that I know nothing about porting Unix but on what
level are you making code? Can you not use the code on Macintosh ROMs?
Isn't there all drivers hard coded and hiding all hardware differences?

Or is there some reason not to use code on ROM - something to do with
Apple's lawyers?

Seppo
--
 +----- Seppo Kallio --------+---- kallio@jyu.fi ------- Eudora mailer ----+
 !    Computing Centre       !   Fax +358-41-603611 Phone +358-41-603606   !