Subject: Re: Any PowerPC netbsd development?
To: Adam Barr <gt8013c@prism.gatech.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/28/1995 09:01:18
> I was just wondering if there was anyone out in netbsd land working on
> porting netbsd to PPC or, more specifically, PowerMacs?  I realize what a
> major undertaking this would be, but I'm just curious if anyone's even
> seriously considered it.

As far as I know, there is no PowerMacintosh development going on.  I
may just get idiotic enough to start a port to one of the new PCI-based
systems, but if I do that, I will be looking for someone else to take
over the mac68k port.  I would at least be fading from active development
into a maintenence role if no one stepped forward for development.  In
any case, this wouldn't happen until after the next full release of
NetBSD (which will probably be sometime in the next few months).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>