Subject: Re: MacBSD Installer patch, and Futura MX problem
To: None <hoshi@sran265.sra.co.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.Stanford.EDU>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/13/1995 14:45:13
> > I compiled the Installer with CodeWarrior and found a lot of
> > pointer type mismacthes which THINK C doesn't care.
>
> Hmmm...  Interesting.  I am not too surprised, though, as that
> program was jammed together in a day or two.  If the compiler
> didn't complain, I'm not too surprised that we missed it.  I
> presume that it's "OK" since the code works.

Note: I haven't looked at the code, but the origonal note said there
were references to (int *) which sould be (short *). The reason it
works is probably that int=short for the Think C project.

> > How can I make an archive to be installed with the Installer?
> > It doesn't accept either 'X.11Mar95.tgz' nor tar + gzipped files
> > I made.  How did you create 'base.tar.gz' etc?
>
> With tar and gzip under NetBSD.

Or "gtar czf output_file_name.tgz stuff_to_tar" where output_file_name
is the archives name, .tgz is convention, and stuff_to_tar is the normal
stuff to tar. The `z' makes the archive be compressed with gzip.

Under NetBSD, you can just say 'tar' instead of 'gtar' as they are the
same.

Take care,

Bill