Subject: Re: MacBSD Installer patch, and Futura MX problem
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/12/1995 19:46:14
> I'd actually encourage somebody to write a set of standalone utilities
> that could be run from MacOS, including:
> 	(1) copy file to/from NetBSD partition
> 	(2) 'ed' file on NetBSD partition (ed is your friend!)
> 	(3) fsck NetBSD partition
>
> and maybe a few other things.  (don't need cat!  that's what "1,$p" is
> for, in ed!  8-)

Aye.  That would be great!  In fact, people are are welcome to start
from the installer (hack that it is, it does contain essentially a
level-1 ufs interface).  It should be updated to level 2, and a couple
of features should be hashed out (like a working cache--it's not caching
anything at the moment).

Again, if anyone (Hoshi?) wants to pick this up and run with it, feel free!

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>