Subject: IIci problems of late...
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/11/1995 23:26:48
This is a note for people who have been having problems with the most
recent kernels (e.g., the latest netbsd.iivx) on their IIci's.  I have
a test kernel up and would appreciate some help trying it out.  If you
can run it, please let me know.  Also, if you could, let me know any
details you have about when and/or why it might be failing.  I.e., is
it at a particular point in the boot process?  If it's during multi-user
startup, does it happen in the same place if you drop into single-user
first?  Does it seem to work in single-user?

If you're not seeing crashes, but rather erratic behavior (serial not
working, etc), also let me know how that's looking.

It might also be useful to know if this happens on any other machines...

The kernel is a GENERIC and is at:
	puma....://pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd.iici.test

Thanks for your help!

-allen

PS.  For the curious...  Kernels from around the end of July seemed to
work fine for several people, but soon after stopped working in various
ways.  For some, vm_faulting.  For others, wedging in some inexplicable
ways.  For still others, serial not working.  And for others, kernel
jumps to zero.  This, oddly, only seems to be seriously affecting the
IIci's (so far).

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>