Subject: Re: LCIII & rom glue - can I help?
To: Bob Deblier <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/05/1995 09:07:23
> Since the LCIII needs a system enabler and neither of the other machines does,
> I suspect that it's got different ROMs. Is there a way thay I can be of
> assistence in figuring this out?

Possibly, but probably not.  It's on my list to try to find a general
way to glue the ROM code to the NetBSD kernel so we can actually use
it on a number of machines.  Some others have tried this w/o success,
so I'm working on a few other things before getting bogged down in
ADB-land.  I'm not sure what you can do right now...  If you had a
working system, it might be different...  :-(

I've got a program in the works that will help us get the serial console
going on these systems so you can actually run the system if you have a
terminal or another computer that you can plug into your modem port for

Allen Briggs - end killing - ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="">Guess.</a>