Subject: Re: LCIII & rom glue - can I help?
To: Bob Deblier <bob@pimc.be>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/05/1995 09:07:23
> Since the LCIII needs a system enabler and neither of the other machines does,
> I suspect that it's got different ROMs. Is there a way thay I can be of
> assistence in figuring this out?

Possibly, but probably not.  It's on my list to try to find a general
way to glue the ROM code to the NetBSD kernel so we can actually use
it on a number of machines.  Some others have tried this w/o success,
so I'm working on a few other things before getting bogged down in
ADB-land.  I'm not sure what you can do right now...  If you had a
working system, it might be different...  :-(

I've got a program in the works that will help us get the serial console
going on these systems so you can actually run the system if you have a
terminal or another computer that you can plug into your modem port for
development.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **