Subject: Re: kernels, clocks, and feet-in-mouth. Oh my!
To: Erik Vogan <vogan@auriga.rose.brandeis.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.Stanford.EDU>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/10/1995 22:38:29
Howdy!

Hmmm. Today seems to have been the day for me to say one thing, mean
one (slightly different) thing, and have it be understood as a third,
more-slightly different thing. I'll go to bed soon and stop talking for
a while. :-)

I posted a few days ago saying I was seeing problems with a compilation
of current. I still am. I thought at first that something was uniquely
wrong/bizare with my clock setup. I was mistaken.

Erik, I'm sorry about mistakenly thinking your clock code was unhappy
on my mac. I'll send you clock differences in private EMail.

I wish to thank everyone who tried to help me get a current kernel compiling
on my mac. It doesn't at present. The only thing I can think to do is
to study the code that sets up the fork to start init & see what's
sick.

Is a new version of gcc needed? Mine is circa late April. Any other
suggestions will be appreciated.

Take care,

Bill