Subject: Re: -current kernel goes splat!
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/09/1995 08:01:39
> > Actually, this brings up a point I was wanting to mention, but felt was
> > low priority. The IIsi kernel has always complained that my clock seems
> > to be wrong, but it isn't. I think this is an Apple thing. For the past
> > few months, Norton Utilities has _always complained that my clock seems
> > to be set wrong. I think it all began when I switched to system 7.1.
>
>  It complains this for me too, but displays the right date. It seems more
> like a problem NetBSD causes.

This is the case.  The time is read from the same chip that handles ADB.
It's wrong on the IIsi.  There is some hope as someone has code to read
it correctly.  I consider it low priority, too, though.  If you are
building your own kernels, you can take out the warning.  It should be
using the time from the MacOS...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **