Subject: Re: X won't run on current kernel
To: Ken Nakata <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/05/1995 16:17:37
> Probably this is Allen's "bad thing" that happens if you try to run X on
> current kernels, but I was somehow under the impression it was resolved
> when grf_{mv,iv}.c were introduced.

Um.  Nope.  The Bad Things were the graphics driver giving X or dt an
incorrect address for the frame buffer--leading to "random" data being
written into different locations of memory (like, say, over part of a
shared library or something).  That is fixed.  I'm not sure what's up
with your problem.  I'll check it out tonight.

Allen Briggs - end killing - ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **