Subject: Anyone with a IIvx and internal video only?
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/04/1995 00:41:54
...or someone who can remove a video card and have a IIvx w/ internal
video only?  ;-)

I'm looking for a brave volunteer to try a new kernel that I've whipped
up.  It might solve the boot problem.  If it works, I'll work on putting
in grf support for it.  If you can give this kernel a whirl, let me know
how it goes.  I'm mainly interested in:

	* What gets printed out at boot time?  (i.e., I want it all--up
	  to the Copyrights--if it gets that far).
	* How far _does_ it get?  ;-)

The kernel is on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us in pub/NetBSD/test/netbsd.IIvx.
Keep in mind that you don't need to install anything more than the booter
and this kernel file (downloaded in binary mode--Fetch's "Automatic" won't
work).  Also ensure that 32-bit addressing is set to "on" in the memory
control panel prior to booting.

Please post results to this list so that no one wastes effort trying
something that doesn't work (assuming it doesn't--I have no way to
test it, myself).

Thanks!
-allen

--