Subject: Re: IIsi kernel
To: John G. Kuzma <jkuzma@cisco.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 06/11/1995 18:04:01
> Is there a working IIsi kernel available?

Yes! See: http://www-im.lcs.mit.edu/homedirs/magnus/
and look for the 950508 kernel.

It runs on my computer (when I unhook the locaktalk). I'm using booter 1.6,
with my memory set to 1 meg less than real (saves space for the video). I
used the current binaries (I think) off of ftp.eskimo.com. Everything
has worked fine including tcsh, X, and hfs (except that the copy of
tcsh in puma's eskimo.copy is still the bad one).

>                                            I tried the stuff on
> cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu, and ftp.eskimo.com, and all failed (some hang at the
> adb initialization, and others fail with reg dumps (don't
> remember the details for the latter)). I've got the 1.0 binaries from
> cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu, a IIsi with 17MB of memory, and no FPU. (Have also
> tried both booter 1.4 and 1.6)

I think you really need the FPU.

> JGK

Take care,