Subject: questions
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 06/01/1995 17:41:38
Hello all,

I've got two questions:

1. Does MacBSD compute a "timebase" when the kernel boots? That is, something
like TimeDBRA that gives some indication of how fast the machine is running?
It could be used to calculate, for example, a 10ms delay for a process. I'm
hoping that there is something already computed that will save me from
timing it myself using interrupts.

2. What ever happened to the "old" ADB code that accessed the hardware
directly? The stuff that was originally used for the II/IIx before Brad
began his MRG work? Is there an archive of that anywhere? It would be
mainly stuff in /sys/arch/mac68k/dev and /sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k, I think.

Thanks.

	--John
	  jpw@insoft.com (work)
	  jpw@daedalus.microserve.com (home)

P.S. We are currently having trouble connecting to sites on the ANS net,
which may include you. If a reply bounces, you can always send to my home
address. (This problem should be fixed on 6/2/95 if all goes well.)

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504