Subject: grf problems?
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/17/1995 09:05:35
Hello all!

I saw (on macbsd-general) that someone had trouble with the -current grf code.
I may be experiencing similar problems.

Symptoms:
I reinstalled the most recent tarballs (dated 4-29-95, I think) from eskimo.
I used the IIsi kernel from Daniel Risacher, I could boot my machine and
	compile and run dt properly. I should note that I think Daniel was
	using source from March when he built that kernel.
Using a tarball source from 5-8-95, I recompiled the kernel with Daniel's
	changes. The new kernel boots and works on my IIsi, but after I
	recompile dt, it just hangs when I run it.

Daniel had a patch for grf.c that fixed some problems in the past, but it
appears that the grf.c code is quite a bit different than what he was using.

Any ideas?

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504