Subject: Re: IIsi/IIvi/IIvx/? test kernel
To: None <magnus@MIT.EDU>
From: Chris Kush <>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/10/1995 19:48:07
> I am pleased to announce that my IIsi boots successfully with it's own
> extended ADB keyboard and internal video.

> But, for those of you who want a working kernel on a IIsi-type
> machine, please try :

	I'd love one...

> and let me know if you have any success.

	but this isn't it.  It only boots over serial console.  Things I
tried (to no avail):

	- Telling the booter to autosize memory
	- Telling it not to
	- Telling it not to, and forcing it 1MB lower than the truth
	- Graybars on and off
	- 8 and 1 bit screen depths
	- Every combination of "console" and "ttye0" on/off in /etc/ttys
	- Kernel on MacOS and netbsd side

It hangs right at "setting MMU context".

Things which might be wrong:

	- This kernel was compiled for a IIsi and some other si/vx
discrepancy is causing the problem?

	- I'm so used to serial booting I forgot something stupid and critical

Any comments?

BTW,  I tried booting with the control key down and trying to locate jEgret
and GetADBIndex.  Both are reported as residing in low memory, definitely not
0x4080xxxx.  Index is 0x00011cac, I don't have egret in front of me.

Does this kernel work for Herr Ruetten?

>-- Daniel Risacher

                  "A rolling fortress of sound in every bite!"

christopher s. kush
                The floggings will continue until morale improves