Subject: Re: Source for SCSI driver
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Dan Menchaca <Dan_Menchaca@quickmail.apple.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/03/1995 11:11:04
                      Just when you thought it was safe to leave your
monitor...
                      RE>>Source for SCSI driver

CAM is a specification that allows one to access a SCSI bus through a common
set of APIs.  This means that from UNIX to UNIX, accessing the SCSI bus will
be the same as far as API calls go.

Future Domain has a CAM interface for DOS/Windows.  Macintosh OS's SCSIManager
4.3, has a CAM-like interface.

-jm

ps - for the first question, I'm familiar with coding to some API to send bits
to and fro the SCSI bus.  On UNIX, I'm clueless.  Do they have different APIs
from UNIX to UNIX or is there something more like common I/O method, copying
directly to a /dev file, etc.?