Subject: Re: Ethernet card
To: Gabe Minton <gabe@ait.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/12/1995 10:37:22
> I have a Dayna Port external ethernet device.  It plugs into the
> serial port of my SE/30.  What are the chances of this working?

Are you sure that's serial and not SCSI?
The chances are nil in either case.  I have a 10baseT SCSI-ethernet
device, but I haven't had a chance to play with it, yet.  The SCSI
driver probably needs work before it can work.  I did make an attempt
to get documentation from Asante, but they finally got me connected with
an engineer who never got back to me.

> or I will hook up null modem cable off the
> serial port to one of the Linux boxes and run PPP or SL/IP.

This is your easiest solution.  I would certainly not mind getting a
driver from you for the SCSI-ethernet device, though...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **