Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/11/1995 10:34:01
Allen,

> I'd like to see some people try out the kernel on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us
> in pub/test/netbsd.040895.  This kernel should allow keyboard input on
> IIci's.  I'd like to know if it also works on the IIsi, IIvx, or
> anything else (IIx?) that's not worked with the MRG kernels before
> (don't get your hopes up)-:  Thanks go to Paul Goyette for digging
> enough to find two different problems.

I tried this kernel last night.  It booted fine on my IIx.  It also
allowed me to boot with my mouse systems 3-button mouse which I was
not able to do before.

The machine still hung though when I tried typing clear as the first
command issued in single user mode.  No scrolling was needed as it is
a 19" display with several lines left blank at the bottom.

Kevin
kevin@spef.syr.ge.com