Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/10/1995 14:48:59
>I'd like to see some people try out the kernel on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us
>in pub/test/netbsd.040895.  This kernel should allow keyboard input on
>IIci's.  I'd like to know if it also works on the IIsi, IIvx, or
>anything else (IIx?) that's not worked with the MRG kernels before
>(don't get your hopes up)-:

 I tried this on IIsi and it died at pretty much the same place as
the other mrg kernels:

NetBSD 1.0 (GENERIC) #7: Sat Apr  8 17:07:39 EDT 1995
[...]
mrg: 'Mac IIsi class ROMs' rom glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
adb: bus subsystem
[crash boom bang]

 It also (still reports) that I have 83mb real memory (16 is closer to the
truth, 13mb available).

 I've seen some references about drivers for MO-drives being in
-current now, and arch-independent.. could someone verify this,
and maybe compile a -current kernel that skips the mrg init ?

--
One Ruleset to rule them all, One Ruleset to find them,
One Ruleset to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.