Subject: MAC-SIDE UTILITIES
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher St.Pierre <deuce@cs.bu.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/07/1995 12:35:03
Greetings.
The purpose of this letter is to put out a feeler here to find out if
anyone is working on the mac-side utilities.  I recently put out a feeler
on macbsd-general and I got some responses as to what people would like
to see done but only one person said they even attempted an overhaul
of the installer, nevermind the booter or mkfs.  My intentions are
to completely overhaul the existing utilities and include some new features.
If anyone would like to reach me to express there views on the topic, I may be reached at:
deuce@cs.bu.edu
deuce@cgl.bu.edu
deuce@acs.bu.edu
All comments welcome, as a matter of fact I would really like to hear
different opinions on the subject
(right now I am leaning towards a mac based installer application with
 partitioner and formatter designed for macbsd and mac partitions, including
 an update to the new filesystems.  I also intend to rework the booter
 what to do with this is still up in the air!)

mail me and let me know!

Christopher St. Pierre
Student Consultant Boston University Personal Computing Support Center
Computer Science Department