Subject: Re: grf init hangs on SE/30
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 03/27/1995 23:37:19
> The problem was in via.c.  I never get out of the goto loop in
> via2_nubus_intr, so I commented the goto and the label out. $E is the
> video.

Hmmm...  There's got to be a better way to handle interrupts so that
this can't happen.  If anyone canfund a better way, please let me know.
I've read the documentation and fooled with it 'til I can't think
straight about it.  If no one else comes up with anything in the
meantime, I'll look at it in a few weeks.  It works on my IIcx, now.

In case you missed it, this is why I'd like the booter to shut down the
video interrupts...  It can't help performance to be servicing the VIA2
interrupt along with practically every clock tick.

Let me know if you find anything...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **