Subject: Re: Status update...
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 03/24/1995 08:45:20
> The ae_intr procedure is called only once and later the ae0: device timeout
> is displayed.  I never get any packets in or out.

I saw this when I breathed in the wrong place in via.c (actually, when I
tried to speed up the interrupt handling some).  The kludge that I
checked in yesterday should help you with this because it forces a
call to the nubus interrupt handler when the device times out.  If
the ethernet card is not requesting an interrupt (unlikely), it will
do the "ae0: device timeout."  Otherwise, it'll just proceed.  This
is wrong, but it keeps me from having to reboot to use the ethernet
again when it loses a slot interrupt.

I'm still puzzling over the right way to fix this...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **