Subject: Re: Status update...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 03/23/1995 19:29:41
I am spending every hour looking at via.c and machdep.c trying to figure
out why the ethernet is not working.

On my system (SE/30), ethernet doesn't work at all with a current kernel.
It did work pretty good with the kernel Brad Parker had.

My software is built from current around mid February and ksrc-mac68k from
yesterday.

My next step is to get the 1.0 sources again and recompile with Brad's
patches to see if the "reference implementation" works.

Last night I went shopping for the Hardware Reference 2nd Edition.
Couldn't find it.  Guess I will have to order it.  Does that have lotsa
good information about the hardware and interrupts?

--
John D. Smerdon;  Plymouth, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us