Subject: Re: Partitioning should stay the same
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/27/1995 21:11:53
RE: Discussion on disk partitioning.

I declare this discussion moot since there are more immediate
things to work on and I think that all benefits/costs are on
the table.  I, personally, believe that the disklabel code is
in dire need of a rewrite, but it's far down on my to-do list...

In any case, that's a pretty "abstractable" part of a booter
or installer.  If we do change the partitioning methods, and
the boot/install code have a good interface, it should mean
an easy change.

So, back to the booter installer development question.  I
have notes of having had one person volunteer to head up the
development in this arena.  He's interested in working in the
"boot BSD and install from there" camp, but it sounds like he's
quite busy.  Are there any other volunteers?  I'd like the
utilities and install process or something on an entirely
different topic.  If you'd like to volunteer to head up the
design or implementation of either kind of utility, send me
some e-mail.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **