Subject: Re: macbsdand the hfs
To: None <briggs@mail.vt.edu>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/25/1995 13:14:38
> I have only seen this message when booting w/o 32-bit mode.  I plan to
> work on this when I get a chance [...]
> [...] this is not really acceptable behavior, and I plan to work on
> it when I get a chance.

I don't think there's any need to beat ourselves around the shoulders
with farm equipment just because we require 32-bit mode.  System 7.5 has
Mode32 integrated (doesn't it?) and it's not that hard to install.  I
think some of our other requirements are probably in need of more adjustment,
like requiring a II-class machine.

I'm still working on IIsi ADB, and, thanks to my many friends who have
contributed ideas, I have an angle that may help (later this evening
when I get home from work).

		-Brad

P.S. Anyone have SPICE ported to NetBSD?
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com ** Diet caffeine-free Coca-Cola is really
just brown water with bubbles. ** I've learned from a little CMOS design