Subject: Re: panic: biodone already (Re: MacLinux vs. MacBSD)
To: None <david@trouble.wariat.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/24/1995 09:02:00
> Dameon D. Welch writes:
>
> >It'd sure be nice to get rid of the "panic: biodone already" things...
> >;-)

Stuff deleted

> I patched the scsi_done, sdstrategy and sdstart routines so that whenever
> biodone() occured, I just put in:
>
> if (!(bp->b_flags & B_DONE))
>                 biodone(bp);

I got the biodone already bug while developing the Atari SCSI-driver (no, the
Atari release is not yet available). The cause of it was that multiple
instances of the SCSI-interrupt routine were running. I don't know if this
is possible on the Mac. On the Atari I had to remap interrupts to their proper
level because they were all coming in at the same level. I allowed SCSI
interrupts to happen at an ipl >= splbio instead of > splbio. When the
equal sign was removed, the panic's disappeared.
I hope this helps in finding the problem.

> If somebody would explain to me step by step how to generate patch files using
> diff, I would be happy to send the patches.

Try 'diff -c3 file.orig file.new'

Stuff deleted

Leo.

 Leo Weppelman @ Albert Heijn  bv,        UUCP: ....!hp4nl!leo@ahwau.ahold.nl
 Winkelautomatisering                     Internet: leo@ahwau.ahold.nl
 Ebbehout 31, 1507 EA Zaandam.            Phone: +31 75 593975 Fax: 351240