Subject: Re: config.new -> "`vnd' used but not defined" ?
To: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 11/28/1994 16:03:05
> I downloaded source tar balls as of the day before Thanks Giving day,
> and when I try to run config.new on GENERIC (haven't tried on the
> others), I get the following error message:
>
> # config.new GENERIC
> file.mac68k.newconf: device `vnd' used but not defined
> *** Stop.
> # _
>
> I suppose vnd has something to do with v-nodes, but have no idea
> how to fix.  Does anyone know?

Delete the reference for vnd in the files.mac68k.newconf file.  I've
done that for now in the main branch, too...  I am working on bringing
the mac68k port back to functionality in -current...

You might want to also disable "options COMPAT_SUNOS" and change the 2nd
arg. of the ioctl prototype in arch/mac68k/conf.c to u_long.  I don't
recall what else I've done that would affect you.  I am working on
getting rid of the need for our own copy of the scsi source.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **