Subject: Some gooey questions...
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <VOGAN@BINAH.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 10/19/1994 21:48:00
        Just a quick question that will most likely sound stupid to the real
UNIX programmers out there.  Is it possible to make MacBSD run X, and if so how?
If not, why not?  And how would one display graphics under MacBSD if not?
Surely UNIX itself MUST provide some primitive or standards.  If not, what is
involved in directly access the Mac hardware, and wouldn't that differ from one
Mac model to another ?  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.:  Does anyone know how standard CD ROM drivers are?  I've got an NEC
Intersect 73 (way old) that I would like to access under UNIX.  Not so much
for data as for music.  But since the Booter goes through the Shutdown manager
to restart, it kicks out the CD that would happily keep playing in the back
ground otherwise!

                                                        Erik Vogan
                                                vogan@binah.cc.brandeis.edu