Subject: No ADB kernel this weekend
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org, macbsd-development@netbsd.org>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 09/15/1994 23:46:48
I haven't had time to complete my integration of the ADB code into the IIsi
and IIvx ROMs, so I won't be posting my kernels before next week.  (Still,
my schedule is to have this out of my life by the 24th.)  Thanks to all
those who have sent ROM vectors, and I will eventually thank everyone,
but my mailbox is overflowing at the moment.  I have to flee for the
weekend to party with my former employer and my friends in Berkeley,
but I hope to be back on the MacBSD burner Sunday night.

Some interesting observations:

The vectors for the IIx, IIcx, IIci, and SE/30 seem similar if not
equivalent, and thus reflect the similarity in ADB subsystems.  I
suspect all of these will work with my current kernel, but it's
full of debugging code and weirdness and I'd really rather not
dirty anyone's system with it.

The vectors for all the other machines, including Quadras, the IIsi,
IIvx, and PowerBooks, et al, seem very similar, and so I suspect
that the IIsi version of the ROM hooks will bring most other machines
in line.  (I hope.)

The majority of reports I've been sent are vectors for the IIsi.
I think that defines well the current demand for ports.

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com >+------+< Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
MacBSD : II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, SE/30, IIsi, IIvx -- The list is growing...