Subject: ROM ADB progress, Sept 3rd 3:45
To: None <macbsd-development@netbsd.org, alice@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Brad "ADB Guy" Grantham <grantham@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 09/03/1994 15:58:44
This message was entered from MacBSD using the new ROM ADB driver.
No kidding!  The MacBSD interrupt routine hooks into the ROM ADB
interrupt service, and that calls my ADB completion routine.

What works at the moment:
	My extended keyboard works, including key repeat (I put keyrpt back)
	Mouse works, including mouse cut and paste in "dt".
	I haven't locked up the keyboard in non-dt mode yet, so I think
		I've got that taken care of.

What doesn't work:
	If I take out a print in my GetResource() stub, ADBReInit never
		comes back.  I'm working on that right now.
	I get unexpected traps using an Animas 3-button mouse and a
		Kensington TurboMouse trackball - that's just a matter of
		tracing the trap location

I had to dig the trap locations out of the ROM by hand, but it will
only need to be done once for any other machine, and anyone with MacsBug
can do it.  Don't ask me how for the moment; I'd like to try to come
up with an automatic procedure.

What I *do* need is someone with a IIvx who can try out a kernel
for me.  Please reply directly to me if you have MacBSD Beta-1
installed on your IIvx and you'd like to help me test out the ROM
driver.  You must have either a standard or extended keyboard and
a standard Apple mouse.  (Brian Kendig?)

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com
Believe me; you don't want to know.