Subject: Re: LPF - Apple - NetBSD
To: None <ifzd321@mcl.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 09/02/1994 19:42:26
    >The idea of the boycott is that Apple is attacking your freedom and
    >everyone's freedom, so it makes sense to take your business
    >elsewhere--to buy a computer from someone else.

    In the same way, you are attacking my freedom to choose.

I posted a message *asking* people to choose not to work on
a certain sort of project, for a reason that they may consider
sufficient.

My urging people to make a choice you don't like is a normal part of a
free country with freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Please keep in mind, though, what freedoms you are entitled to.  You
are not entitled to demand that other people work on systems for Apple
machines.  That's their freedom to choose--not yours.  They can listen
to my arguments if they wish.  And I hope they will, for the sake of
all programmers.