Subject: 68882 emulation code ?
To: None <jdumas@devmail.sps.mot.com>
From: kr <kr@shell.portal.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/07/1994 17:38:36
Dear Sysop

I have revisited the high-performance BBS. Specifically, I am searching
source code for FPU emulation, that would entirely simulate a 68882. Are
you aware of such software, and where it would be available ? In searching
around on the BBS, I did not find anything resembling this. I would have
thought that this is a straight-forward piece of code that Motorola most
certainly must have developed and which would be ideally suited for this
kind of a BBS. Your help would be appreciated.

I also noticed that the BBS is still not on the Internet, which I of course
(along with many other people) think is absolutely essential. Could you
please forward to me the name and e-mail address of your supervisor, or the
person in charge for making these decisions ? I would like to send a short
note to the person in charge, explaing why it is necessary to improve the
connectivity. That a world-spanning company with a commitment to total
customer satisfaction is not able to get a simple BBS-box on the Internet
is quite deplorable at best. I hope that with a little bit more pushing and
prodding of the appropriate management, we can finally move the BBS to a
more accessible form.

Thank you for your efforts in any case.

Greetings
Markus Krummenacker