Subject: Re: FPU emulation
To: Theodore F Vaida ][ <tfv0@lehigh.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 08/02/1994 16:24:30
> 	Motorola provides a free version of the FPU emulation on its
> bulliten board and it is mirrored somewhere, there is currently a
> discussion about this going on in the Linux-activits group, if you are
> intersted (or anyone else) I can get the phone number of the BBS for you.

I'm aware of the FPSP code, to emulate the ops missing in '040 and
'060 chips -- it's even already in NetBSD, and in use by several
ports.

However, i don't believe it emulates all of the instructions, and
i've not heard of anything _else_ that does...

It'd be bloody counter-productive for moto to give away a complete
FPU emulater, y'know...

chris