Subject: Re: -current src on sun-lamp
To: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/20/1994 08:23:51
> When I down/upload files with kermit, I see messages like
> "ioctl(,2,,)" once a packet or two.  It also appears when I'm hanging
> up the modem.  I took a look at 7/7 src and the ser driver writes
> messages when entering/exiting ioctl routine if DEBUG is defined.  I
> suppose the message I see is basically the same.

This is a message that shows up when the command that's sent to the
driver is completely unknown.  It does that so that we can identify
what commands the driver isn't supporting that it should.  I don't
think that 2 is a valid command.  Could you poke around in kermit
to see what ioctl call is generating that?  I know that when I was
messing around with serial, there were some ioctl messages when I
hung up the line, but I didn't get around to fixing them.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =