Subject: New Kernal hangs on IIvx
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Siebold <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/07/1994 23:27:39
Well, I just knoticed that a new kernel was on acm.vt.edu and decided
that I sould try it out.  To say the least I was excited! :(

I tried booting in both single and multi user modes.
In multi user, the kernel hang here

setting tty flags
	ser0:ioctl(,-2147191716,,)
	ser1:ioctl(,-2147191716,,)
HANG

In single user, it booted and asked for the terminal type, and didn't
accept keyboard input.

During boot, though

Desktop bus Initializing
	adb: ADB extended Keyboard at 2
	adb: 100 dpi mouse at 3

SO IT SAW THE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE THOUGH!!

When it hangs in multi user, could that be due to the fact that I have
/dev/tty00 and /dev/tty01 as the serial ports?  This changed in the
BETA-1 distribution if I was not mistaking.

I hope that this helps you guys working on the adb.  Keep up the good work!

Pete

---
Peter Siebold     psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu    ___|___
When you soar among the birds WHAT do you feel?       o/ \o