Subject: Re: Question about /etc/passwd
To: Peter Siebold <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 06/30/1994 15:03:51
>Well, I figured out how to get my IIvx booted, and set up slip in
>/etc/netstart.  Then I used macOS to start slip, and then booted muli
>user and it worked!!  So now I can go to another terminal and telnet into
>my machine.  There is one problem however.

Is there a new kernal that boots on IIvx now? I have alpha version of
macbsd and also netbsd.CI kernal that I am running on a borrowed IIci. But
my personal computer is IIvx. So I am very much interested in running
macbsd on IIvx, so that I can return the IIci.

I see a BETA-0 and BETA-1 version on cray-ymp. Does it have a IIvx kernel?
Does IIvx also needs a nubus video card like IIci?

If you have any information that can help me running macbsd on IIvx, I will
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

bjhaveri@arco.com
Bharat S. Jhaveri