Subject: Re: kernel
To: MacBSD Development <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 06/21/1994 16:14:04
The current kernel sources are on cray-ymp in the
pub/NetBSD_Mac/compile_kern directory.  Don't download them if you won't
be looking at them almost immediately...  Don't expect much help with
them.  A real kernel source distribution will be forthcoming when it all
works.  Basically, I took the time to put this together in the hopes
that someone might be able to get it to work...  My s.o.'s father just
left, so I've got a little more time, now, but not much...

Anyway, please let me know if you have any luck at all with them.

The known problems are:
	* there is a hang in pmap_bootstrap in the macro on line 376.
	* if that's broken up and commented, there is a crash when
	  attempting to start init.

The file ksrc.tar.gz is a copy of my current working sys directory...
The libkern files are already compiled, but there are no config'ed
kernel compile directories there.  m68k and mac68k are the only arch's
here.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =