Subject: Re: kernel sources
To: Tony Doan <tdoan@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/22/1994 10:22:56
> I think this was brought up recently but I missed the answer.
> How close are the MacBSD kernel sources to the NetBSD-current
> kernel sources? The -current stuff seems to be going through
> some serious changes of late. Does MacBSD have these headaches
> to look forward to? Or do we sit tight till the majority of
> things have been changed and then make a big jump?

I'm running behind, as I mentioned in my answer to Ken.  There are
only a few people actually actively building kernels and such for
MacBSD.  You shouldn't see those headaches unless you're building
everything yourself from current sources.  There are a number of people
doing this on the intel platform.  Not many on the others.

It will be a big jump.  If you're installing a binary release, you
shouldn't see it as that big of a jump ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =