Subject: Re: BETA-1
To: CS major) <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu (Nakata Ken>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 05/04/1994 23:57:03
> I tried and failed.

Bummer :-(

> introduced with BETA-1 (I have never got a kernel panic with BETA-0
> kernel), and self configuration procedure doesn't run successfully

Could you tell me when the panic(s) happened?  I think it's the same
kernel as BETA-0...  It is the same kernel that I've been running for
several days, now...

> either.  I get complaints about read only filesystem (of course /) and
> unfound "mount", "touch" and so on.  Apparently it tries to accessing
> filesystems before properly mounting them.

oof.  That's what I get for making assumptions about the path...  I've
just gone through and made all the paths absolute.

> I tried to see what's wrong with /etc/rc, but I couldn't do that due

Thanks...  I appreciate your effort...  Hopefully I'll be able to test
this stuff mo' better when the rest of my hard drive storage appears...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =